Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I paint now

Thanks to my friend Leah, who partially inspired me to try my hand at painting, I've been doing so(painting, if you didn't read the title) as often as I've felt the urge lately- namely, friday and today. She's started an art journal. I think this is a marvelous idea, and if I can get my hands on a journal with good enough paper, I'd like to do just that.
Right now, however, I'm doing what I like to call freelance painting. No rules, no lessons, just fun and freedom. No one is forcing me to do it, and no one is forcing me not to. I enjoy the feeling of the brush in my hand, the mixing of colors and water, and the calm state of the act of painting itself. It makes me so, so happy.
Here's my first one, which is sort of my first art journal page sans the collage pictures and quote I planned to put on it. It's supposed to resemble a strawberry field.
And my second one I've named after a song. "Blue eyes crying in the rain." It's not finished just yet. Here it is.
The only things I'm not particularly fond of are that I've needed to use just regular paper for it, as I don't have any thicker paper or canvases, and the fact that I have a cheapo set of paintbrushes. However, they fit my goals pretty well anyway, which are to practice and see if this is a hobby I'll be interested in pursuing in the long run, or if it's just a passing whim.


2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Fun to see you blogging about this stuff too. I like the eye picture; the iris seems so shimmery and opalescent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really good! And if it makes you feel that happy, then I say definitely keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete